Friday, May 9, 2008

bishop

Well, I am finally a Bishop resident and sitting in my room listening to my redneck neighbors blasting Foreigner's "I Want to Know What Love Is", something I've dreamed about for at least ten years (OK, maybe not the Foreigner part). I realize it's somewhat temporary, as I'm off to Asia in November, but I will take it for now. It's been a bit difficult trying to pace myself with the plethora of outdoor activities (and lack of a job). The high country is still a bit snowed in, but it's melting fast and the peaks are opening up for us fair weather alpinists. For the past week it's been bouldering, cragging, running, and flailing on my AT skis, but the SE face of Emerson is on the list for the weekend as the first peak of the season. Can't beat the quick approach even with the N Lake road closure.

No comments: